Spectrum Chamber Music Society is excited to announce its second annual call for new compositions. This year's contest is for standard wind quintet (flute, oboe, clarinet, French horn, bassoon). The winning composer will be awarded $800, and the winning piece will be performed by Spectrum musicians on their April 17th, 2023 concert in Fort Worth, Texas. Only one submission per composer is allowed.
The contest guidelines are as follows:
* The contest is open to composers of any age and nationality.
* The work must be for standard wind quintet (flute, oboe, clarinet, French horn, bassoon) without electronics.
* The work must be between 10 and 20 minutes in length; complete works only.
* The work may have been performed previously, but must have been written in the last five years.
* The submissions do not need to be anonymous.
* The winning composer must arrange to travel to Fort Worth, Texas for the performance.
* Spectrum Chamber Music Society of Fort Worth reserves the right to give no award.
The following materials are required for submission (all materials are to be submitted electronically):
1) Completed online application through New Music Engine
2) One full score (PDF format)
3) One audio recording (MIDI is acceptable; mp3 format)
5) Application fee of $20
The closing date for submissions is January 17th, 2023. Our panel of distinguished judges, consisting of professional musicians and composers, will review the entries; the winning composer will be announced early in the spring of 2023.
For questions, please contact Till Meyn at email@example.com.
Details are available at web pages: