1. Our commitment with regards to protecting your personal data
This website is the property of IRCAM - Institute for Research and Coordination in Acoustics/Music. So that you are able to browse on our website with peace of mind, we, IRCAM, as the data controller, will explain to you how we collect, process and use your personal data in order to provide you with services in keeping with your rights.
We protect your privacy by ensuring the protection, confidentiality, non-alteration, availability and security of your personal data which you have given us.
We are taking all of the necessary measures in order to provide you with clear and transparent information about the way in which your personal data will be collected and processed, implement the technical and organisational measures necessary to protect your personal data against disclosure, loss, alteration or access by an unauthorized third party.
2. When do we collect your personal data?
Your personal data are collected when ...
• you create a profile (public and private information, works, portfolio, bookmarks and follow)
• you build your profile with content and information you provide
• you share content and messages through the website
• you contact us to announce of organize a call on our website
• vou apply to a third party call
• you subscribe to our newsletter
• you visit our website
3. Information we collect
We do not collect any personally identifiable information about you unless you voluntarily submit such information to us by submitting an application or registration form.
The following information are strictly necessary to provide you with a profile: first name, last name (or organization name) and email address.
We may also ask you to provide in your profile your date of birth, citizenship, gender, phone number, mobile number, address, website and other personally identifiable items defined by each third party call organizer you want to submit an application to, in order to fulfill your application requirements.
4. Use of information
In each instance where user information is provided, we will only use said information in accordance for for the purpose(s) in which it was provided.
5. Personal data storage
Personal data is stored in accordance with French legislation and European regulation. All data are hosted on secured server at IRCAM in Paris.
6. Keeping your information
We retain your personal data while your account is in existence. Even if you only use our website when looking for new opportunities every few months, we will retain your information and keep your profile open until you decide to close your account. We will not keep your personal information after you delete your ULYSSES Platform profile.
When you visit our websites, information pertaining to the browsing history of your device (computer, tablet, smartphone, etc.) on our websites is liable to be saved in "cookie" files stored on your device, depending on the settings you have chosen regarding cookies which you are free to change at any time.
We use the following cookies:
• Functionality cookies - They are used to remember settings to improve your visit
Every browser has a different configuration. It is generally described in the help menu of your web browser. Therefore, we recommend that you read it so that you know how to modify your cookie preferences.
For Internet Explorer
Sound and video hosting sites:
We use on our community and profile pages tools allowing to watch videos (YouTube) or listen to music (SoundCloud).
For more information, visit Google or SoundCloud privacy policies.
8. Your rights
You have the following rights relating to your personal information:
• The right to be informed about how your personal information is being used.
• The right to access the personal information we hold about you. Prior to submission, candidates can access their data and content from their profile: public information, private information, works and portfolio sections.
• The right to request the correction of personal information we hold about you although you can do most of this through your profile.
Our users can access their application history on their profile, on the Applications section. In case a user wants to correct or delete an application, he should direct this query to the organization he has applied to. Organizations are responsible for the requested actions regarding such data. ULYSSES Platform team will assist those organizations with applicant requests to delete user data or content.
• The right to request that we delete your data, or stop processing it or collecting it, in some circumstances.
• The right to unsubscribe to email notification and newsletter, which you can do through your profile.
• The right to request a data portability.
If you want to exercise your rights, have a complaint, or if you just have questions, please contact us: donneespersonnelles @ ircam.fr
Or if you would like to, you can write to us at:
Délégué à la Protection des Données
1 place Igor Stravinsky 75004 Paris
We reply to your requests as quickly as possible and in any case within one month upon receipt of your request.