The "G. Nicolini" Conservatory of Piacenza announces a Call for Scores dedicated to composition for student ensemble.
- The call for scores is open to composers of any age and nationality, excluding teachers and students of the Conservatory of Piacenza.
- Applicants may submit only one score.
- A maximum of 5 works will be selected.
- The selected works will be performed by the Nicolini Contemporary Ensemble, therefore the applicants must consider the technical-instrumental skills of students enrolled in Bachelor and Master courses. Pieces that are technically too demanding will not be taken into consideration.
- The compositions may not exceed a duration of 10 minutes. The duration of the piece must be indicated in the score.
- The scores must be sent in pdf format and must be perfectly legible. Scores declared unreadable by the jury will be excluded from the selection.
- Composers may indicate a link (SoundCloud, Google Drive, Dropbox, etc.) to a recording of the piece (possibly also a simulation). Links must remain active until the selected scores are communicated. The recording is not mandatory.
- The submitted piece may have already been performed and awarded in other competitions but must be unpublished. If selected, composers must also submit a release for performance and for audio and video recordings.
- The jury's decision is final. After the announcement of the selected pieces, the jury will not give any feedback (to the excluded applicants).
- There is no entry fee.
Details are available at competition rules.
Competition page available here.