Vocal chamber repertoire of the second half of the 1900s and contemporary
Milan, Fabbrica del Vapore
October 2019 – May 2020
Teacher: Alda Caiello
Application Deadline: September 15th 2019
STRUCTURE OF THE COURSE
The course will foresee 8 meetings (2 days each meeting on Saturdays and Sundays) from October 2019 to May 2020.
When applying, students can also show a repertoire of the XXth Century different from the one suggested by the announcement, which will have to be approved by the teacher.
Each participant will be entitled to 8 individual lessons (one hour each) on the pieces chosen by the student among those suggested by the Course or proposed by the student.
A pianist will attend the lessons, for the whole studied repertoire.
It is also possible to enrole with an instrumentist at one’s own choice.
– final concert, May 27th 2020; All the singers who have attended at least six meetings out of 8 foreseen will perform in this concert.
– concert on May 5 th 2020 in connection with the Call for Young Performers for Piano (held by Maria Grazia Bellocchio) and sax (held by Mario Marzi) organized by IDEA with a repertoire written specifically by young composers.
– concerto in Autumn 2020 dedicated to the music for voice and piano by John Cage in cooperation with the Call for Young Performes Piano.
Divertimento Ensemble will commit to engage the best students for the following concerts:
– opening concert of the International Workshop for Young Composers in Bobbio (Pc), July 2020 (repertoire for solo voice or voice and piano);
– opening concert of Rondò in Monferrato, Grazzano Badoglio, September 2020 (repertoire for voice and piano);
– concert in Casale Monferrato (At), within Rondò in Monferrato, September 2020
– two concerts in the season Rondò 2021 in Milan (January-June).
Singers of any nationality, with no age limit, may participate in the selection.
STUDENTS: € 800 (also for chamber ensemble)
to be paid in two payments of € 400 each.
The first one within September 30th, 2019, the second one within February 28th, 2020
Observers: € 150 to be paid within September 30th, 2019
Details and application form are available at web pages: