Composers of any nationality born after 1 January, 1980 are invited to submit:
- one score & recording of a representative work for chamber ensemble (5 to 14 musicians); works with electronics are accepted
- a brief biography (not more than one page)
- scan of ID (passport, identity card etc), clearly showing the applicant's full name, nationality & date of birth
The selected composer will receive a commission from neuverBand Ensemble für neue Musik Basel (see available instruments below) to be premiered in Basel (Switzerland) in the opening concert of the ensemble's 2020-21 season.
- there is no application fee
- the new work may make use of electronics
- only applications received by email will be considered
- submitted scores must be in .PDF format
- submitted recordings must be in .MP3 format (WAV/AIFF files will not be accepted)
- if the total size of all files exceeds 10mb, please use wetransfer; emails containing attachments of more than 10mb will be blocked by our server
The winning composer will receive a commission fee of CHF2,000 for the composition of a new work for neuverBand Ensemble für neue Musik Basel.
Travel expenses, allowing the winning composer to attend the premiere of his/her work (up to a maximum of CHF500) will also be awarded.
Applications will be assessed by a panel of judges consisting of:
- Dieter Ammann
- Franck Bedrossian
- Paul Clift
- Uli Fussenegger
- Katharina Rosenberger
- The commissioned work must make use of the entire ensemble (nine performers), with or without electronics.
- Submitted works which are not awarded the commission may still be considered for performance. All materials must be sent by email to email@example.com no later than 1 January, 2020; applications received after the deadline, or incomplete applications, will not be considered.
- Only one entry per composer is permitted.
- The selected composer must be available to attend the work's premiere which will take place in October, 2020 (date TBC).
- Composers who have already received a commission from neuverBand, including previous winners of the Construct Radiate Composition Competition, are ineligible to apply.
- The decision of the jury shall be deemed final and therefore not be subject to appeal on any grounds.
Details are available at web pages: