by Annette Vande Gorne
For several years 𝗔𝗻𝗻𝗲𝘁𝘁𝗲 𝗩𝗮𝗻𝗱𝗲 𝗚𝗼𝗿𝗻𝗲 has been giving a summer course in our studios at Musiques & Recherches, dedicated to acousmatic composition. This year, this workshop is doubled. Indeed, you will have the choice between two levels of training (beginners or advanced)
You are a beginner. You want to discover the (somewhat mysterious) world of acousmatic music and be initiated to the techniques of writing on a support, choose level 1.
You are already an adept and have experience (even small) in acousmatic composition and want to deepen your practice with a long-time teacher and internationally renowned composer, choose level 2.
𝗜𝗻𝗶𝘁𝗶𝗮𝘁𝗶𝗼𝗻 (level 1)
10 active trainees maximum + listeners
* Sound recording and development of listening skills through the magnifying effect of the microphone/headset pair
* Writing techniques: energy-movements, editing, mixing.
* Listening and comparative analysis of excerpts of works
* Improvisations on sound bodies and elaborate transformations of synthesis and/or acoustic sounds
* Individual and free realization of a short composed sequence.
𝗗𝗲𝗲𝗽𝗲𝗻 (level 2)
7 active students maximum + listeners
* theoretical course :
the project, the concrete approach
introduction to the acousmatic specificity,
the conducts of listening,
the art of transitions,
the levels of communication of a work,
Permanence/variation as a criterion of form: Randomness and complexity, Permanence and simplicity, variation, germ, sequence.
Process and form: correlation, old forms, new dynamic and static processes, non-form.
Narrativity and catharsis, virtuosity.
Working methods, aesthetics, electroacoustic genres.
* Collective and individualized practical follow-up of the evolution of the composition work
technological assistance on request.
* Individual and free realization of a short composed work.
Monday, August 14 through Saturday, August 19: classes from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. (Level 1) and 3 p.m. to 7 p.m. (Level 2)
Saturday, August 19 at 5pm: concert of the trainees at the Grenier d'Orphée of Musiques & Recherches.
The courses are given in our premises.
Details are available at web pages: