For its fifth edition the Linea Summer Academy is open both to performers at the beginning of their career, and to music students, wishing to learn or to improve their knowledge of new music, also to those who have never played such repertoire.
Every day, alongside individual courses, each student participates in chamber music workshops where he/she is put in the real concert conditions, playing together with other students and Linea’s musicians, or conducting them. The ensemble music is predominant during the Academy and takes a central place, contributing to the students’ progress. Every year, the academy ends with a series of concerts featuring the “Academy Ensemble”.
Very complete, the program of the ensemble workshops includes works by some of the most representative composers of XXth century and new music like Pierre Boulez, David Hudry, Franco Donatoni or Philippe Leroux.
This year, academy welcomes two news classes of guitar and saxophone to propose at least eleven instrumental classes and one conducting class. Each student has daily individual classes with the chosen teacher and a class of chamber music.
Ideally located in the heart of Strasbourg, at the crossroads of Europe, the Academy is held in the Cité de la Musique et de la Danse, close to the historical center of the city. Cité de la Musique et de la Danse has rehearsal rooms and an auditorium. Linea’s Academy gathers students and teachers from all over the world. Daily life at the academy is made of intensive and exciting work in a friendly, multicultural and highly stimulating atmosphere. In 2018, be part of it, join us !
Conducting : Léo Warynski
Flute : Keiko Murakami
Clarinet : Alain Billard
Percussion : Hélène Colombotti
Piano : Reto Staub
Harp : Geneviève Letang
Accordion : Marie-Andrée Joerger
Violin and viola : Antoine Maisonhaute
Cello : Johannes Burghoff
Guitar : Bertrand Chavarria-Aldrete
Voice : Françoise Kubler
Saxophone : Philippe Koerper
• Pierre Boulez, Le Marteau sans maître, 1954, (for singer, flute, percussions, guitar, alto)
• Aurélie Elles Copes, Corno el Air, (for flute, harp, violin, cello, clarinet, accordion, percussions)
• Isabelle Mundry, Traces des moments, 2000, (for clarinet, violin, cello, accordion)
• Juan Arroyo, Sismo, 2015, (for accordion, violin, cello, piano, saxophone)
• Philippe Leroux, Postlude à l’épais, 2016, (for flute, clarinet, violin, cello and piano)
• Toshio Hosokawa, Interim, 1994, (for harp and chamber ensemble)
• Georges APERGHIS, La nuit en tête, 2000, (for soprano solist and flute, clarinet, violin, cello, percussions, piano)
• Franco Donatoni, Arpèges, 1986, (for flute, clarinet, vibraphone, piano, violin, cello)
• David Hudry, Intersections, 2014, (for flute, clarinet, percussion, piano, violin, cello)
• Francesco Filidei, Finito ogni gesto, 2008, (for flute, clarinet, cor, percussions, violin, cello)
• Mantovani, D’un rêve parti, 1999, (for flute, clarinet, piano, violin, alto, cello)
• Philippe Leroux, AAA, 1996, (for flute, clarinet, violin, alto, cello, piano and percussion)
• Allain Gaussin, Harmonie des sphères, 2006, (for flute, clarinet, vibraphone, piano, violin, cello)
This is a suggested program that is subject to change based on participants.
WHO CAN APPLY TO THE ACADEMY ?
The academy is open to young performers, either still studying, or at the beginning of their career, wishing to learn or improve the practice of contemporary music.
HOW DOES THE ACADEMY WORK ?
• Individual classes of instrument.
• Chamber music workshops.
• Orchestra conducting sessions / ensemble music sessions.
• Student concerts at the end of the Academy.
Application deadline : June 1st 2018 Academy + Accomodation : 920 €
Academy : 540 € Academy for the Conservatory and HEAR students : 420 €
Travel and accommodation costs are at the expenses of the student.
Application is confirmed after the transfer of the 225 € deposit (150 € for the HEAR students).