Toolbox Percussion, as creative incubator, works to make new music happen by commissioning, producing, collaborating, professional training, performing, recording and touring contemporary performances. Toolbox Percussion is delighted to present the 3rd Toolbox Percussion International Composition Competition (TPICC) as a part of the Toolbox International Creative Academy (TICA), which will be held during 4- 10 January 2021 in Hong Kong. TPICC is an annual competition for emerging composers across the globe who share our vision to create percussive arts practices with creativity, originality and potentials.
Rules of Toolbox Composition Prize
• Work scoring for three percussionists only (see homepage for the instrumentation).
• The submitted work must be written for the FULL ensemble, no subset is allowed (i.e. no percussion duo).
• The submitted work should be 5-7 minutes in length.
• All selected works will be performed by members of Toolbox Percussion during TICA.
• The age limit for this competition is 30 years and below (as of 31 December 2020).
• Composers, regardless of nationality are encouraged to apply.
• Only submitted works written within the last five years are eligible for the submission.
• Scores that have been awarded, or commercially recorded are not eligible.
• Works that are previously performed are eligible.
• Each applicant may submit only one entry.
Deadline for Pre-Submission Proposal:
16 September 2020 at GMT+8 23:59
Deadline for Submission:
16 October 2020 at GMT+8 23:59
Details are available at web pages: