The „Styrian Tone Arts Association“ (STB) in Austria announces for the year 2020 an international composition competition for string trio and string duo resp.
1. Composers of all ages, all sexes and from all nationalities are admitted to participate
2. The call is for works for string trio (2 vn+vc) or string duo (vn+vc or two vn resp.) – no viola – of professional quality, with high compositional standard and musical attractivity
3. The works should be from 2000 or later, they may already have been performed and/or published, but they must never have been presented to the STB or the performing ALEA-Ensemble.
4. The duration should be between 5 and 12 minutes – minor differences may be accepted by the jury if the artistic quality is high.
5. The submissions have to be sent by e-mail as anonymous PDF-score between 6th January and 31st March 2020. Any perceptible indication on the composer or publisher leads to disqualification.
6. A participation fee of 35 EURO (PayPal 37 EURO) for each submitted work has to be paid in advance by bank transfer or PayPal as specified. This fee cannot be refunded. The submission of several works is possible with different code words (and payment of fees resp.)
7. The winners will be selected in a final public concert in November/December 2020 in Graz/Austria with the participation of the audience.
Prizes: 1st prize: 1.500 € - „Future-Award“ with support from the Vize-Govenor of StyriaMag. Michael Schickhofer and the Alfred-Schachner-Memorial-Fonds
2nd prize: 1.000 €
3rd prize: 500 €
Gerhard Präsent (composer, conductor, STB-president)
Kurt Schwertsik (composer)
Wolfram Wagner (composer, flautist)
Igmar Jenner (violinist, composer, ALEA-Ensemble, radio.string.quartet)
The final result will be announced, after the jury and the public evaluation determined the winner at the concert of the competition on Sunday, 29 November, 2020
Details are available at web pages: