The Gipuzkoa provincial authority together with the Basque-Navarrese composers' association “Musikagileak” is organising the 15th "Pablo Sorozabal" International String Quartet Composition Competition. The aim of the competition is to foster composition for string quartets by encouraging younger composers to write original works.
- The competition is open to composers of any nationality or origin born after 1st January 1983.
- The deadline for entering scores expires on 30th August 2019.
- There is a single prize of 3,000 euros net plus an accreditative diploma.
- The winning score will be premiered in the contemporary music series at the 81st Musical Fortnight in San Sebastián and subsequently included in the 11th “Musikagileak” Contemporary Music Circuit.
- Contact and complementary information through the email address
Details are available at web pages: