Wolfgang Rihm Artistic Director and Supervisor
Dieter Ammann Guest Composer
16 August - 30/31 August 2020
This two-week-long composer seminar supervised by Wolfgang Rihm enables a more intense dialogue between young composers and international young performers. Wolfgang Rihm invites Dieter Ammann to join him to discuss new scores and recordings by upcoming young composers, to give individual one-to-one lessons, and to supervise rehearsals. The composers will be joined by an international ensemble of LUCERNE FESTIVAL ALUMNI to perpare the compositions for a final performance.
Profile of Participants
– Advanced composer students and professional composers
– Age limit: 32
– Course language: German and English
Documents to be submitted online (all documents can be submitted online except the scores)
– Photo (headshot)
– Two or three solo, chamber music or small ensemble works, along with a recording of the works (if possible). Please also upload the recording of your work online. Works for orchestra can also be considered for the application process and the seminar, but of course not for rehearsals and the final performance with the ensemble.
– Curriculum vitae in German or English in tabular format (maximum two pages)
– Please upload the scores as pdf online and send one printed copy to the following address:
LUCERNE FESTIVAL ACADEMY
Ensemble of the LUCERNE FESTIVAL ALUMNI
Composers will have the opportunity to work with an international ensemble of LUCERNE FESTIVAL ALUMNI, all of whom are former participants in the LUCERNE FESTIVAL ACADEMY.
2 horns, 2 trumpets, 2 trombones, 1 tuba, 1 harp, 1 piano/celesta, 2 percussions
The course management will decide on active participation upon receipt of the registration forms and scores. The results of the selections will be announced by middle of March 2020. There is no right of legal appeal. No correspondence regarding the decisions will be conducted. Applicants must include recordings of themselves playing the required audition repertoire; the recording must be uploaded online. Please note that recordings must not be edited in any way.
There is no fee for active participation.
The LUCERNE FESTIVAL ACADEMY will cover the travel expenses for each active participant.
LUCERNE FESTIVAL ACADEMY will arrange and cover the costs of accommodation for each active participant.
Each active participant will receive a per diem for meals.
Each participant must provide his/her own scores.
Details and application form are available at web pages: