The international course KlexosLab is aimed at all those composers and saxophonists who want to improve their musical skills.
The composer Stefan Prins and the performer Marcus Weiss will rehearse in collaboration with the Klexos ensemble a selection of remarkable contemporary compositions.
During this week many activities will be developed such as open space, live-electronics workshop, instruments exhibition, conferences, roundtables, ensembles, concerts, classes and more.
The course will take place between the 1st and 6th of July 2019 in Plasencia (Spain).
Students enrolled in the composition specialty may submit sketches, ideas, fragments, movements or complete pieces for the following formations:
– Works for saxophone solo with or without media electronic/multimedia.
– Works for saxophones Quartet with electronic/multimedia media (SATB standard formation is not compulsory).
– Works for 5 performers with or without media electronic/multimedia.
The pieces presented to the open call will be worked with Klexos, Stefan Prins and Marcus Weiss during the reading workshop.
At the end of the workshop there will be a presentation open to the public of all the jobs.
The duration of work submitted should not exceed 10 minutes.
A maximum of 3 pieces (or movements) will be chosen to be presented in concert by Marcus Weiss and Klexos. Also, a selection of the proposals will be worked and interpreted during the course.
To participate in the Open Call must be registered and accepted as a student of active composition in the course and send the pieces before the 19th of May.
MODALITIES AND PRICES
Composition: 160 €
- Individual lessons with Stefan Prins.
- Composition laboratory with Pedro González.
- Round table.
- Open call (rules and modalities in https://www.klexos.es/en/opencall
- The pieces presented at the Open Call will be worked with Klexos, Stefan Prins and Marcus Weiss.
- 3 selected works presented to the Open Call will be performed during one of the concerts by Klexos and Marcus Weiss.
- Workshops (in addition to the ones included in the course): contemporary writing for saxophone, new technologies applied to composition, performance and scene creation techniques.
Saxophone: 160 €
- 2 individual lessons.
- 2 chamber music lessons.
- Ensemble lessons.
- Participation at the specialized lessons with Marcus Weiss.
- Participation at concerts and workshops.
For those students who asked for accommodation, the organization offers the option of full board and lodging (July1st-6th) in the municipal hostel for 175€ (it is possible to add an extra night).
Those students who apply before May 19th will have a 10% discount.
The money will be returned in the case of not being admitted once there are no more places available.
Students will be admitted according to rigorous order of applications. The number of students will be limited up to 10 for each professor and 12 for Bachelor/Master (saxophone: Marcus Weiss and Composition).
Places will be booked after paying a 50€ deposit. The remaining amount can/may be payed the first day during the reception or via bank transference.
To formalize the application it will be necessary to send the inscription form and the bank receipt before the June 24th to the email address: firstname.lastname@example.org or apply in https://www.klexos.es/en/klexoslab
Bank Details (CaixaBank):
IBAN: ES93 2100 2256 0902 0025 6525
SUBJECT: KlexosLab + Student name
For further information visit: https://www.klexos.es
Or contact here: email@example.com +34 659 78 38 11