Following the outstanding success of last years’ edition, the Flavio Vespasiano Foundation decided to continue her allegiance towards the young musicians damaged due to the global pandemic crisis by organizing the second edition of the International Competition for Interpreters of Contemporary Music dedicated to single performers and vocal or instrumental formations.
The incredibly difficult national and international health emergency due to the Covid19 global epidemic has brought a deep crisis never seen before in the world of music and entertainment, a world in which Italy as a country has always had a place of leading importance. Being aware of this situation, the Flavio Vespasiano Foundation decided to participate with an in-depth analysis of the study and interpretation of modern and contemporary music by creating a competition that allows the promotion and enhancement of that New Music, whose roots are grounded in the inescapable heritage of the past. The young interpreters are the most damaged from this historical crisis and the Flavio Vespasiano Foundation wants to give her large contribution as, since her creation, has shown particular attention towards young musicians. The Foundation is certain that only by supporting with courage and certainty the young generations, could be given concrete help and support to the world of music and entertainment.
In the competition can participate soloist performers or vocal and instrumental formations for a maximum of five performers, Italian or from the European Community, whose members are aged thirty-five or less on the day 15 September 2021.
For the ensemble, the average age of the members must not be more than thirty-five years old. The participant’s selection will be realized according to the sendings of the audio/video material.
The competition’s winners will have the chance to perform during the thirteenth edition of the Reate festival that will take place in Rieti in September and October 2021.
To participate in the competition could be selected tracks from a repertoire that goes from 1945 to nowadays, with Italian or foreign authors published or unreleased.
The competition will be divided into four categories with a winner for each of them:
- String instruments
- Wind instruments
- Piano - Special Prize “Città di Rieti”
The selection provides a maximum of three winners, to whom will be added the Special Prize “Città di Rieti” for musicians coming from the territory of Rieti. The winners will have the possibility to take part in the next edition of the Reate Festival and prize money.
▪ 1° Prize category Singing: Concert to be realized on the occasion of the Reate Festival 2021 and money prize of € 500,00
▪ 1° Prize category String instruments: Concert to be realized on the occasion of the Reate Festival 2021 and money prize € 500,00
▪ 1° Prize category Wind instruments: Concert to be realized on the occasion of the Reate Festival and money prize € 500,00
▪ 1° Prize category Piano: Concert to be realized on the occasion of the Reate Festival and money prize € 500,00
▪ Special Prize “Città di Rieti” dedicated to musicians coming from the territory of Rieti: Concert to be realized on the occasion of the Reate Festival 2021 and money prize € 500,00
Details are available at web pages: