Duo Signal launches the project “call for scores” to promote, expand and innovate its repertoire for
composers from all over the world.
The selected composers will receive a commission to compose a new duo piece for the Duo Signal which will be premiered in Basel (Switzerland) in April 2021.
1. A score (.PDF format) and a recording (.MP3 format) of a representative work. Pieces with
electronics are accepted.
2. Biography and copy of your identity card.
3. All materials will be sent by email to email@example.com.
End of submission period: 15.09.2020
Results date: By email, no later than 1.11.2020.
Deadline: The work must be sent no later than 01.03.2021
Concert: Mid-April in Basel.
All applications will be assessed by:
Prof. Jürg Henneberger: Professor of contemporary music at Hochschule für Musik Basel, conductor of Ensemble Phoenix Basel and pianist.
Alejandro Oliván: Duo Signal, Égaré Saxophone quartet and Gyre ensemble.
Adrián Albaladejo: Duo Signal, Tactus Project.
Three different composers will be selected:
1. CHF 2000 Around 12-15 minutes-piece.
2. CHF 1500 At least 10 minutes-piece.
3. CHF 800 At least 5-7 minutes-piece.
200 CHF of expenses to attend the premiere.
Audio and video recording of the piece.
Duo for saxophone and trombone.
Alejandro Oliván: Saxophone (soprano, alto, tenor, baritone)
Adrián Albaladejo: Trombone (alto, tenor, bass) or euphonium.