Located in the heart of Serra da Estrela, in Portugal, the DME Artistic Residency in Seia aims to provide composers and sound artists with a suitable context for the creation of new works.
We provide accommodation, a workspace with a quadraphonic system and a fee. Other equipment [for recording, projection or other applications] may be provided after discussion with the technical and production team.
We are looking for project proposals in the areas of electroacoustic, acousmatic, mixed music, video music, sound art, and soundscape.
The minimum duration is 2 weeks and the maximum duration is 1 month.
opening of applications: 11 Dec 2019
closing of applications: 31 Jan 2020
The project to develop during the residency is proposed by the artist.
The presentation of the final product is possible but not required.
However, it is mandatory to carry out a public activity, open to the community, which may or may not be related to the project developed at the residency.
Priority will be given to new creations directly involving the Seia region and/or its community.
· Hostel Criativo do Sabugueiro | April and November ·
Located in Portugal's highest village, Hostel Criativo do Sabugueiro hosts the DME artistic residence in April and November.
· Equipped kitchen
· Panoramic views and nature
· Hostel Criativo do Sabugueiro | April
In the case of April, the workspace will be located in the same place as the accommodation.
· Four-speaker system (studio monitors or full-range speakers, interface and cables);
· Other equipment may be provided after discussion with the technical and production team.
The DME Artistic Residence in Seia provides accommodation, workspace and a fee of € 500 (per residency, not per artist). The remaining costs are at the expense of the artist/s.
All applications must be submitted using the following form:
2. Date of birth
4. Project description (max. 300 words)
5. Technical Requirements
6. Link to other project-related files and information (sharing via Dropbox, Google Drive, etc.)
Details are available at web pages: