Da_sh editions together with Da_sh recordings are promoting a new edition for the international composition competition in 2022/2023. This new edition is open to works for ensemble (mezzosoprano, 2 clarinets in B-flat (one doubling allowed - bass clarinet), violin, viola, violoncello, double bass) in any combination from 2 to 7 players. The aim of the competition is to discover new works and talented composers in order to promote their pieces through the realization of a new printed edition together with a new professional recording of the winning work.
The winning work will also receive a première in a public concert in Budrio/Bologna (Italy).
The Italian based Istantanea ensemble will be in charge of both recording and concert and some of its members, part of the jury, together with composers and staff from Da_sh editions.
- Composers of any nationality are welcome to participate.
- Composers must be 18 or over at the time of application.
- Previous prize winners and composers who already have works printed by Da_sh editions are NOT eligible.
- Compositions in any style, duration and year of composition are allowed.
- Pieces for 2 to 7 players using any combination of: one Mezzosoprano, two clarinets in B-flat (one doubling allowed: bass-clarinet), one violin, one viola, one violoncello and one Double Bass are allowed.
- The use of electronics is allowed (fixed or live electronics; 2 channels only). The electronics part must be sent together with the application.
- Compositions that won a previous prize, were performed publicly or non-professionally recorded are allowed.
- Compositions already published or with a professional recording (CD or Digital Album) are NOT allowed.
- Submitted scores can be handwritten, but must be perfectly readable. Unreadable scores will be unconsidered.
- The winner composition will receive:
- 1000 € in cash prize;
- Edition of the piece by Da_sh editions (optional);
- Recording of the piece by Da_sh recordings in May / June 2023 with Istantanea ensemble to be included in a new Digital Album distributed in Spotify, iTunes and Amazon.
- Première of the winning piece in a public concert in Budrio / Bologna (Italy) in May / June 2023.
- Additional prizes might be granted according to jury decisions.
- The jury decisions are final and irrevocable.
- By signing the application form, all prize winners give their permission to record their prized piece, without any further compensation for it. She/he will nevertheless maintain their copyright of the work.
Details are available at web pages: