Mixtur opens a call for the Workshop on Composition and Sound Experimentation that will take place from April 16th to 26th, 2020. The composers invited on this edition are Michael Beil, Aaron Cassidy, Agustí Charles, Chaya Czernowin, Martín Matalon, Elena Mendoza and Brigitta Muntendorf. We will also have many ensembles and soloist that will collaborate at the Reading Sessions and Concerts.
The workshop on Composition and Sound Experimentation is aimed mainly to composers/sound artists, whether students or professionals of any age and nationality.
1. An individual class with a resident composer for participants in workshop A or B. Participants in workshops A and B are entitled to two individual classes.
2. Instrumental or Electroacoustic Experimentation:
-Instrumental: reading session or a piece played by one of the resident ensembles or by workshop performers. Mixtur will assign one option and the instrument/s to each participant. Fragments of pieces or works in process will be accepted in both cases. Improvisation works proposals with score or without will also be accepted. The Reading Sessions won ́t be performed in concert as their aim is to work with musicians and encourage the exchange of ideas.
-Electroacoustic piece spatialisation (max. 8 channels). Some participants can be chosen to perform in a concert a new electroacoustic or one of the works send it.
-Some participants can be chosen to premiere a Miniature within the festival’s program.
3. Open Space where students will be able to introduce their work to the rest of participants.
4. Lectures by the resident composers and other guests.
5. Master class by the tutors of the other workshops.
6. Access to all concerts and activities at Festival Mixtur 2020 taking place in Fabra i Coats.
Dates: April 16th to 19th 2020.
Resident Composers: Michael Beil, Brigitta Muntendorf, Agustí Charles and Aaron Cassidy
Dates: April 23th to 26th 2020.
Resident Composers: Elena Mendoza, Agustí Charles, Martín Matalón and Chaya Czernowin
Details are available at web pages: