Dr Iwona Glinka (Athens-based flutist) is seeking for the new original works to honor Theodore Antoniou who passed away on December 26, 2018. Submissions must be not yet commercially released on recording. It is acceptable if the music has been disseminated on the Internet via YouTube, Soundcloud, personal web sites, etc., as long as a commercial recording has not yet been produced.
It is highly recommended to research music by Theodore Antoniou.
Compositions must be scored for solo flute (bass, alto), and may include electronics. Works may not exceed 3 minutes in length. The style is open to the taste of the composer.
The intention for selected submissions is to present them in live performance in programs and then to record them for a CD made up exclusively of submissions from this call to be released on Phasma Music Label Full physical and digital distribution via Naxos.
Four-stages submission process:
First stage until July 31, 2020
- All works will be titled "Lament for Antoniou"
- No works over three minutes will be reviewed
- Hand written score is not accepted
- Provide a maximum 50-word biography and 50-word program notes in English
- Upload a score as a PDF file to email@example.com
- Audio recording of the piece (MP3 preferable, though MIDI rendering is acceptable)
Second stage until August 10, 2020
- Agreement signing
- Composers of the selected works will be responsible for funding (a small portion of the costs) for the shipping and marketing.
Third stage until October 30, 2020
- Concert and Recording (in Warsaw by the award winning sound recording engineer).
Fourth stage until December 31, 2020
- Sending to every composer 3 copies of CD album
Details are available at web pages: